Marijuana is typically known as a recreational drug. However, it has been used as medicine for many years. Its recreational use is prohibited in some countries whereas others are trying to legalize it. Marijuana is known to give one a euphoric feeling, trigger schizophrenia or psychosis or lead to addiction. However, there are surprising hidden facts about marijuana which many people do not know. Marijuana can be used to treat various conditions as well as help in relieving or reducing some of them. According to bestpot.ca, marijuana can be used as a pain reliever, treatment for depression and anxiety, nausea, help one gain their appetite as well as slow growth in cancer cells among others.
What Is Medical Marijuana?
Medical marijuana is a plant-based medicine which is commonly used to relieve pain, anxiety and depression, nausea and appetite loss among others. It constitutes two compounds namely, THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) the psychoactive compound, and CBD (Cannabidiol) the non-psychoactive compound. CBD content is higher in medical marijuana hence when taking it, you do not feel the ecstasy associated with its recreational counterpart. TOP 10 online resources get you familiar with marijuana is at curepot.ca.
What Is Depression?
It is normal to feel sad especially due to losses. However, when the sadness gets intense, thus making you feel helpless and hopeless, it becomes a state of depression. Depression in simple terms is a medical illness which results from intense sadness, hopelessness and helplessness. Auspiciously, it is treatable. Depression interferes with your feelings as well as actions. You may easily lose interest in activities you once relished or savored.
Causes of Depression
Depression can affect any individual regardless of their age excluding young kids. It is caused by various factors which include:
- Stressful situations. Stressful situations can be a cause of depression as one may find it hard to cope with or withstand the situation they are in.
- Grief and loss. People experience varying symptoms after the loss of a loved one or a job such as an appetite loss, lack of interest in activities, and insomnia. These symptoms are similar to those of depression, thus, grief and loss can lead to depression.
- Individuals who have suffered abuse often find it difficult to overcome the trauma. Such situations make it hard for them to get back to their normal selves, thus, making them feel helpless and hopeless.
- Depression is also thought to be genetically inherited. Children born from parents who have had depression issues stand a chance of getting depressed.
- Personal problems. Your personal issues can also lead to depression such as being cast out or social isolation. These can lead to the risk of falling into depression.
Global Statistics Suffering from Depression
Depression is currently considered a global epidemic. It has affected over 300 million people all over the word and it is the leading cause of disability. Some people may confuse depression with the normal mood fluctuations and how others emotionally respond to life’s challenges. However, depression is quite serious and its effects are widespread. Statistics reveal that women are more likely to be affected by depression than men. Depression can also lead to death if it worsens. More than 700 thousand people die yearly because of depression.
Signs Showing Symptoms and Effects
The signs and symptoms of depression are quite easy to decipher and some of them include the following:
- Lack of interest in any activities which seemed fun before.
- Lack of energy or feeling tired often.
- Thinking, concentration, and decision-making difficulties.
- Trouble sleeping or spending most of the time sleeping.
- Feeling unworthy or guilty on a regular basis.
- Loss of appetite.
- Suicidal thoughts.
How to Identify Depression?
Depression is often mistaken for grief or bereavement. An individual suffering the loss of a loved one or a job feels sad. The feelings of sadness accumulate, thus, making them feel the void, especially after having lost someone. Such individuals may describe themselves as depressed persons. However, one gets to a depressive state when the feelings get intense. Also, depressed people show the signs and symptoms stated above. Additionally, they are irritable and restless. Depressed people also have no pleasure in life hence do not feel penitent or remorseful for their actions. They also overeat or choose not to. Some experience pain and aches (headaches) which do not go away easily until treatment.
Curing and Results
Depression is a medical illness which can and has resulted in the death of many individuals. Fortunately, it is a treatable condition and people who show the signs and symptoms of depression ought to seek medical attention before it gets grave or serious. Treatment for depression such as therapies and oral medications are available. Medical marijuana is also a treatment option though research on medical marijuana for depression is still ongoing. However, marijuana is known to relieve pain and reduce anxiety.
People may often ask can medical marijuana help with depression? As a pain reliever and an anxiety reductant, medical marijuana can help restore one to their normal self as well as stabilize their moods. This helps an individual to combat the worthless feeling they once had. Additionally, medical marijuana can help depressed individuals regain their appetite. It can also help an individual(s) regain their mobility and energy thus making them get back to their normal routine such as taking part in activities they enjoy.
Using medical marijuana proves to be beneficial in treating depression as individuals stop showing most of the signs and symptoms of depression. As a result, medical marijuana is considered a treatment for depression. Therefore, some states need to permit the use of marijuana to treat depression and other health conditions as marijuana is good for depression.
Advantages and Disadvantages
The side effects of using marijuana treatment for depression may vary depending on how it is consumed. They may either be positive or negative. The advantages of using medical marijuana for depression are:
- Medical marijuana helps one regain their appetite.
- Since it has a higher CBD content, it does not intoxicate the user.
- It helps one to get back to their normal self and refrain from suicidal thoughts.
- Medical marijuana also helps relieve one off the pain experienced when depression gets serious.
As we all know, everything that has an advantage always has a disadvantage. The disadvantage of using weed for depression is that one may be given a depression diagnosis resulting from the heavy or regular use of the drug. Some people may ask where can you get medical weed for depression? Medical weed is sold in medical facilities whose states permit it.
In conclusion, medical marijuana can be used as a treatment for depression as it helps in various ways such as mood boosting, pain relieving and mobility regain among others. Additionally, you need to consider marijuana for depression and anxiety as it helps one relax instead of intoxicating them due to its higher CBD content.
2 1 2